Why Does My Business Need A Facebook Page?
Just this week I had a little idea and put it into action immediately, I created a Facebook Page to help my clients and other locals Buzz Up their businesses on Facebook and Twitter.
Now what has come out of this for me was the astonishing number of people who have created a personal profile in their business name!
When I did ask a few of them why, I received a number of answers including:
* “I didn’t know how to make a page”
* “I wanted to be able to comment as my page”
* “It was just easier”
* “What’s the difference?”
This post is for you! All of you who do now know how much you can get out of having a page on Facebook, most especially if you have a website!
Facebook ‘Like’ Pages or Fan Pages as they used to be called are Facebooks answer to business profiles and they are created to represent a business, an identity or brand. In fact they are the perfect answer to doing business on Facebook, as there are a number of hidden perks for your business and your website in having a Page.
1. Pages are indexed by search engines, yes your Facebook comments, links and posts will show up in the search engines as being a representative of your brand, business and website and also serve as high quality back links to your site.
2. You can have multiple Pages, all linked by Favoring each other and this creates a web of indexible links back to your site.
3. You can have unlimited fans for a Page, but only 5,000 friends.
4. The box provided under your profile image can be filled with keywords which will also be indexed by the search engines and this includes your site URL
5. The “Like’ factor is like a vote for your page, the more ‘Like’s’ the more votes, and the higher ranked your Page and your own website which is linked to your fan page will be. This is great SEO for your page and your site!
6. When other pages Favorite your page, this is like another vote for your page and your ranking goes up even further and a pic of your Page shows up on their Page under the term Favorite Pages!
7. You can get away with a lot more marketing from a Page than you can from a profile, in face Facebook can and does ban you if you’re are caught using a personal Profile for marketing, too often.
8. You are allowed to message all fans at once, whereas on a personal profile you are allowed at most 20 people at once, and if you message the same message more than twice in batches your account can be suspended.
9. You can create a Welcome Tab for your Page which can look just a like a mini version of your website, and can gather readers for your blog, or Options for your material.
10. It looks much more professional for your business than a using a personal profile, and it looks like you know what you are doing!
11. You can send every post on your Page directly to Twitter automatically
12. There are loads of great apps created just for pages!
You cannot get any of this from a personal profile and if you tried you might find Facebook Admin breathing down your neck!
If you have a business on Facebook, please do yourself and your business a favor and get yourself a Page!
By: The Zen Bull, http://www.thezenbull.com/blog/index.php/why-does-my-business-need-a-facebook-page/